Weight training is a type of strength training that uses weights for resistance. The training enables the muscles to get activated and become stronger by creating stress to the muscles with free weights (e.g., barbells and dumbbells) or by using weight machines.
But, you should take care to follow the right technique. If the techniques are not correct, then it can lead to strains, fractures, or other painful injuries.
Some Facts around weight training:
- 60% of people who undergo weight training get an average of 7 hours or more of sleep every night
- Posture gets better with weight training as it makes your core stronger
- Bad cholesterol and blood pressure are lowered down by weight training
- You burn more calories even when your body is resting, as metabolism is increased by weight training
- You can reduce body fat by 7%, by adding just 2 weight training sessions a week
- Weight lifting helps in boosting dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, making it a natural antidepressant
Benefits of Weight Training
There are many benefits of weight training other than simply building muscles and making you stronger. It is a great way not only to improve your overall health but also to improve your cardio performance.
So, when you undergo weight training, you can:
You will burn more calories so that you will lose weight and tone up your body.
The intense workouts will stimulate your brain to release endorphins, a feel-good hormone that enhances your mood. The stress will also decrease as a result.
Lifting weights will strengthen your entire core muscles of your body so your posture will improve significantly.
Lower Back Pain
With increasing body strength due to the training, you will see your back pain if you are suffering from coming down.
During your training sessions, oxygen supply to your brain increases. As a result, your memory becomes sharper, and brain health invigorates.
A direct impact of weight training is making your muscles powerful and healthy. Your strength will increase as a result.
As weight training is a rigorous form of workout, it helps you to burn your fat, enabling you to lose weight.
Improve Mental Health
Your brain will release endorphins, a feel-good hormone, after every training session. It will not only enhance your mood but also improve your mental health.
Instructors at the gym will prescribe the right diet to you. Also, the regular training sessions will motivate you to stick to the prescribed diet plan.
Improve Heart Health
As the heart works more during the training sessions, its rate will increase and will be in good health.
Orient to Goals
The training sessions are all about setting and attaining goals. It will make you more goal-oriented in your day-to-day life too.
Weight training helps in increasing your bone density. As such, the strength of your bones increases.
Develop a Go-Getter Attitude
Weight translates into other areas of life as well. It instills dedication, structure, and patience. And at the same time, it also co-ordinates your body and mind while developing a go-getter attitude in you.
Dos and Don’ts to keep in mind During Weight Training
Carefulness is the key while undergoing weight training sessions. You should take care to adhere to the proper techniques so that you do not hurt yourself. Make sure you do not undergo the training sessions haphazardly so that you can avoid injuries or strains.
There are some factors to keep in mind that are as follows:
- Keep your back straight when lifting
- Use the proper lifting technique
- Wear shoes with good traction
- Make sure the equipment you use is in good condition
- Do not hyperventilate (breathe in and out fast) or hold your breath when you lift heavy weights. You may faint and lose control of the weights
- Breathe out when you lift
- Discontinue lifting if you feel pain
- Avoid lifting heavier weights than you can handle
- Do not lift heavy weights without spotters (someone to assist in helping you to lift)
Weight training is a useful program to improve the states of your body and mind. But, the quality of the gym is all about the effectiveness of the program. So, make sure you choose the best weight training gym in Southlake TX.